Check out this easy to use tool for your flipped classroom…
Technology continues to become a more integral part of education. With that educational technology comes the concept of flipping your classroom. There are so many free web tools out there for flipping your classroom. In this 3-Minute Classroom Problem Solver, SimpleK12’s Teacher Learning Community presenter extraordinaire, Kim Munoz, explains how you can use Screencast-o-matic for your flipped classroom.
Some ways you can use videos in your flipped classroom include:
- Instructional video – Create a video of you explaining a certain topic. Since students watch the videos before class, you can give them questions to ponder for class discussion or give them the opportunity to come up with meaningful questions prior to class.
- Tutorial – Create a “how to” for your students. If you have a task you want students to complete outside of class, you may want to create a tutorial for them.
- Absent students – For students who miss class, you can create a brief recap of the class highlights so that they can be on the same page when they return.
- Parent communication – Create a video for parents to keep them informed about class projects, assignments, and other classroom activities.
- Class project – Send instructions to your students that outlines project requirements and due dates.
What are some ways you have used videos in your flipped classroom? What other tools do you use? Let us know in the comments below!
About Our How I can Start Flipping My Classroom Presenter
Kim Munoz is an Instructional Technologist for Franklin ISD and a former Bryan ISD middle school technology teacher with over 16 years of teaching experience. She has conducted well over 50 unique training sessions for SimpleK12, click here to take a look at more videos from Kim.