The Common Core Math Standards stress real world relevance, creative problem solving, collaboration and communication.
Explore the following tech tools and learn how they may help your students master Common Core math skills.
- Yummy Math. Easily search a collection of real world math scenarios by category or math level.
- Google Maps. Create math challenges using distances, shapes, and heights on a real map adds credibility and interest to your lessons.
- Google Docs. Facilitate student collaboration via Google Docs, and allow students to work together to solve math problems.
- Creately. Create flow charts or diagrams for solving a complex problem.
- Gliffy. Create a variety of diagrams – this tool is worth checking out for group collaboration and visual problem solving
- Google Presentations. Let students create their own presentations for peers to demonstrate their understanding.
- Survey Monkey or Google Forms. Have students design a survey, collect data, and analyze the results.
If you have favorite web tools for teaching math, or strategies for addressing Common Core math standards, please post a comment and share!