Every teacher has favorite quotes to use in science class. Are yours on this list?
- “One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike – and yet it is the most precious thing we have.” – Albert Einstein
- “Whatever the scientists may say, if we take the supernatural out of life, we leave only the unnatural.” – Amelia Barr
- “What is a scientist after all? It is a curious man looking through a keyhole, the keyhole of nature, trying to know what’s going on.” – Jacques Cousteau
- “We especially need imagination in science. It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but it is somewhat beauty and poetry.” – Maria Mitchell
- “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.” – Niels Bohr, Danish physicist
- “OK, so what’s the speed of dark?” – Steven Wright
- “The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.” – Mark Russel
What’s your favorite quote to use in your science class? Let us know about it, comment on this article.