Enjoy your days off by catching up on some relaxing reading. Here are a list of sites with free eBooks for your downloadable personal development enjoyment.
- Project Gutenberg – Free, classic novels from famous authors such as Victor Hugo, Mark Twain and many more. Catch up on your old classics, or recommend to your students for some summer reading!
- ManyBooks – Although it contains classic novels, it also has some more contemporary work as well. It doesn’t require a sign-up, and it’s free, however finding the link for the book is tricky. Click on “Origin” under the description for the download.
- Barnes & Noble – With the most contemporary authors and newest books, this site offers a wide selection of downloadable novels. You DO need to create a free account to download, though.
- FreeTechBooks – If you wanted to learn some computer skills this summer, here’s a list of technical help books. Subjects range from Cloud computing to iPhone iOS development to build apps.
- Bookyards – This site contains books, education materials, information and other content, all free to anyone with an internet access. No sign-up necessary and instantly downloadable.
- GoodReads – With modern novels available for download, you can download or read directly off the site, with authors like J.K. Rowling and Agatha Christie. Besides eBooks, it also offers multiple methods of finding books that aren’t offered on eBook, whether from a local library, different site or cheap purchasing options.
- Science Books Online – If you just want to brush up on your skills, this site contains plenty of subjects, from astronomy to physics. Expand your brain in your free time and hone those skills over summer.