Help your students explore the world from the comfort of your classroom! This affordable virtual reality tool lets you immerse students in unique situations.
In this 3-Minute Classroom Problem Solver video, SimpleK12 technology trainer Monica Burns introduces the incredible virtual reality tool NYT VR.
All it takes is a smartphone. Go underwater or on the campaign trail. Experience life through the eyes of a refugee or explore previously unseen worlds. Experience stories reported by award-winning journalists, all told in an immersive, 360-degree video experience. – About NYT VR
Utilizing virtual reality tools allows you to expose your students unique experiences they likely would not have otherwise.
We have quite a few resources here at SimpleK12 to help you explore the world with your students. Here are a few of my favorites:
- One Tool to Explore the World – This article talks about one of my personal favorite exploration tools, Google World Wonders.
- Virtual Explorations and Field Trips with Google Tools – Watch this video for more ideas on how to use free Google tools to immerse your students in different experiences around the world.
- How Skype Can Change Your Classroom – Discover how to open your students’ eyes to the world around them and the opportunities that the world has to offer.
- Skype in the Classroom: Experiences Beyond – What are other ways can you utilize Skype in your classroom? How about bringing a guest speaker into your class, booking a virtual field trip, or playing a virtual content-focused game with another class?
- How to Take A Virtual Field Trip – Explore a variety of resources for designing virtual field trips that will engage students and encourage exploration. No permission forms or bag lunches required!
What are some of your favorite virtual reality tools? Let me know about your favorite in a comment on this article.
About Our “Explore the World” Presenter
Monica Burns is an Education Consultant, EdTech Blogger, and Apple Distinguished Educator. Monica works with teachers to make technology integration exciting and accessible at all grade levels. She has conducted well over 40 unique training sessions for SimpleK12, click here to take a look at more videos from Monica.
About the Author
Kimber Thompson is a Lead Moderator for SimpleK12 webinars and a Contributing Editor for SimpleK12.com. She writes frequently about education topics, and is passionate about tools and techniques that inspire young learners. You may reach her with ideas and comments at email@example.com.