Are you looking for online games for students? This free resource is perfect for engaging the Pre-K to grade 5 crowd.
Watch as SimpleK12's Teacher Learning Community Trainer Monica Burns showcases ABCya, a leading provider in educational online games. ABCya provides a wide variety of games for younger students, from Pre-K through grade 5.
The online games at ABCya cover an assortment of topics, such as:
- word search
- much more
These colorful, lively games are sure to motivate your students. Use them during your flex time in the classroom, or as a reward for good behavior.
SimpleK12 has a few additional resources on online games. I encourage you to check out the following:
- A New Perspective on Education: Learning through Video Games. This article lists a few ways teachers can encourage learning with online gaming.
- Free Language Games for the Classroom. Discover 4 free language games perfect for older students.
- Games for Good – Positive Educational Games. If you plan on using a game in your classroom, why not use one with a positive message? Learn about a company dedicated to promoting games that make a difference.
- Gamify Your Classroom – Engage, Evaluate, Excel. Discover how embracing games can help you engage students, monitor their performance, and personalize assignments.
- Teach Problem-solving and Game Design through Game Playing. Learn about a unique game that allows students to design their own gaming experiences.
Do you use any of the online games available at ABCya? Let me know your favorite, leave a comment for me on this article.
About Our “Online Games for Students” Presenter
Monica Burns is an Education Consultant, EdTech Blogger, and Apple Distinguished Educator. Monica works with teachers to make technology integration exciting and accessible at all grade levels. She has conducted well over 40 unique training sessions for SimpleK12, click here to take a look at more videos from Monica.
About the Author
Kimber Thompson is a Lead Moderator for SimpleK12 webinars and a Contributing Editor for SimpleK12.com. She writes frequently about education topics, and is passionate about tools and techniques that inspire young learners. You may reach her with ideas and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.