Are your teachers sending students to the discipline office for minor behavior infractions? If so, this problem will not be solved with a chart for classroom-managed versus office-managed behaviors. Join Ryan Jeffery for this time-saving, to the point session as he shares how you can empower your teachers with common practices that will prevent 80% of misbehaviors occurring in most classrooms. He will also address how you can coach teachers to respond to, de-escalate, and provide consequences for the other 20% of misbehaviors that cannot be prevented in today's school climate. Ryan will also discuss the first step in a three-step process that will reduce office referrals, make teachers happier, and administrators more appreciated.
Presented by Ryan Jeffery
Ryan Jeffery is a certified PreK-12 administrator and behavior intervention strategist in the public education community. He is famous for interpreting defiant behaviors and helping teachers gain student compliance with calm, confident, and consistent approaches to behavior management.
Discover how to empower teachers with common practices that will prevent 80% of the misbehaviors occurring in most classrooms.
Explore how teachers can respond to, de-escalate, and provide consequences for the 20% of misbehaviors that cannot be prevented in today's school climate.
Describe the first step in a three-step process that will facilitate a strong continuum of behavior support across all three intervention tiers.
Special Technology Instructions
Participants will join a collaborative backchannel chat and discuss classroom behavior practices to demonstrate their understanding of the session objectives and reflect on their learning.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate SimpleK12 Certificate of Completion
Viewed a 30 Min On-Demand Course
Value 25 points
Achieved for selected score and over 0%