Effective classroom management goes beyond just enforcing discipline policies; it involves creating a positive and nurturing environment where both students and teachers thrive. From the moment you and your students make eye contact until the last student leaves the room, classroom management plays a crucial role in the learning process. Join Reba Gordon Matthews for this time-saving, to the point session as we will delve into the fundamentals of classroom management, exploring the development of procedures and routines that can be maintained whether teaching in-person or virtually. You will also learn how to incorporate various technological solutions that will keep students engaged and accountable for their own learning.
- Define classroom management and explain its significance beyond discipline policies.
- Recognize the importance of students' understanding of classroom routines and procedures.
- Describe how to organize and arrange a classroom to maximize learning opportunities and student engagement.
- Summarize the impact of effective classroom management on both students' learning and teachers' teaching experiences.
- Critique the use of various technologies in terms of their impact on student engagement and learning responsibility.
Participants will join a collaborative backchannel chat and discuss classroom management strategies to demonstrate their understanding of the session objectives and reflect on their learning.