If you’re anything like me, you LOVE to celebrate seasons and holidays any way you can. And incorporating these celebrations in the classroom adds such a feeling of excitement and community among your students. I am constantly finding cute activities on social media and found some fun Thanksgiving activities from Pinterest that I wanted to share. Celebrate the Season of Giving with these 5 fun activities from Pinterest!
- I thought this If You Had A Pet Turkey activity was so fun and creative! It's an out-of-the-box activity that I fell in love with when I saw it.
- Ok, I'm going to admit it. I'm a nerd for word scrambles. And this Thanksgiving-themed Word Scramble is so cute that I couldn't resist it.
- This amusing Would You Rather game is a fun way to kick-off the start of Thanksgiving break and can double as an enjoyable “getting to know you” activity for your students and their peers.
- November and its flagship holiday are all about recognizing the plenty in our lives. Check out this Gratitude Scavenger Hunt that will help your students find gratitude in unexpected places and things.
- Check out this fun word search that will have your students racing to see who can finish it first!
How do you celebrate the holidays in your classroom? Do you have any activities to add? Do you know of any more fun Thanksgiving activities from Pinterest?
Let us know in the comments below!
About the Author
Carolina Fransen is the EdTech Apps and Tools Editor at SimpleK12.com. She writes regularly about the use of educational technology in K-12 classrooms, and she loves investigating teaching jobs in some of her favorite locales. If you have an app, tool, website, or service that you think we should know about, please send your information or tip to firstname.lastname@example.org.